Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Cox_ba12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by Ken Cook Today at 7:35 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Today at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Empty
Live on Patrol

Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Empty WSTE

Post  GWILLIEFOX Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 am

Getback,  I just use standard mix 1/3 kero, 1/3 castor, 1/3 John Deere starting fluid, a tad of ignition improver.

Last Sunday, I took the World's Smallest Travelling Engine to the PSO Musicians of Steel 5K Run/Walk.  There I met PSO Cellist Bronwyn Banerdt's father Bruce.  Bruce is the Principal Investigator for the Mars Insight Mission. ( mars.nasa.gov )  Like many others, Bruce tried model airplanes early on.  He's holding the WSTE!

Now I'm getting stuff ready for MECAs 2018 National Collecto this Sunday, Sept.23 a the AMA Museum in Muncie, IN.  9:00AM.  I'll have the WSTE in a Veco Commanche America Class Payload FF (took the electric motor off, but the .010 on).  I should have it back in the mail by the 29 of September.  Sorry to have interrupted it's journey for soo long.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_3310
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Comman10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Thurs_10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Zima_010
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  Admin Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Great pictures Bill! RC Plane Looks like Bruce approves Thumbs Up

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  GWILLIEFOX Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

I have finally finished up with the WSTE.  DCKRSN is next on the list as far as I know, so please send me shipping instructions.

I just took a picture of the little guy with his brothers and cousins:
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_8810

Last weekend I had the WSTE at the AMA headquarters in Muncie, In.  I held my Comanche with the engine mounted in front of the headquarters.  You can see Ruediger, the PAA pilot smiling in the cabin.  Also a shot in front of my brick:
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_8710
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_8711

We had the MECA National Collecto on Sunday and I had the Travelling kit on my display table.  This was also the registration day for the SAM Champs. The engine was mounted in my Veco Comanche PAA Load model.  The fliers got a real kick out of the WSTE program!
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_8811

Later on, out to the field.  Unfortunately, I was by myself as it was actually far too windy to fly.  So, I got no very good pictures.  I had to get the plane as stable as I could, hang the transmitter, and find the plane and snap away.  I got one distance shot with the plane going away, and a landing shot where I darned near hit myself.  But the engine ran fine and flew the Comanche nicely, even with the added (though small) weight of the servos, receiver and batteries.  I can say from experience, the .010 almost has the power of a Cub 049X!
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_8812
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Img_3311

Sorry to have delayed it so long. What a great program!
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Great Report and Photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:40 am

More great pictures Bill! Really cool to hear that others are getting a kick out of the Traveling Engine.

Thank you for taking the time to participate. Hand Shake

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 am

Loved the pictures Bill.

Looks like the little fella is holding up well.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 am

Way to go Bill !! Very Nice Sir , Love the shots of the engine and plane together . Glad you could get it in the air . And a AMA Brick how cool !! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo

Last edited by getback on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miis spell lol)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GWILLIEFOX Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:00 am

Where do I send the WSTE Next? Name and snail mail needed.
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Empty Where to next

Post  GWILLIEFOX Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:55 pm

I would love to keep this little Jewell, butsomeone wants it after me.

Name and shipping address PLEASE ADMIN HELP!
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:58 pm

GWILLIEFOX wrote:I would love to keep this little Jewell, butsomeone wants it after me.

Name and shipping address PLEASE  ADMIN HELP!

Next on the list: dckrsn Centerport, NY
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GWILLIEFOX Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 am

I'm pretty sure using that info will get the package returned right back to me
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 am

GWILLIEFOX wrote:I'm pretty sure using that info will get the package returned right back to me

Heh, heh, your right! I’ll try sending him a PM for you.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Looks like dckrsn is next on the list. Send dckrsn a PM requesting his shipping info. If he's not ready for it, you can bump it to the next person on the list.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  GWILLIEFOX Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Where do I find his address?

I will be at the Switzerland MECA Collecto June 1 2019.  I guess I'll just run it over there.  I have asked and asked for detailed help. If I could find an address it would already been gone.
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:32 pm

PM sent.
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Very nice Bill, I am so glad you chose to fly a model with it. Kudos to you! Also thanks for getting the info out to the collectors that our little Forum is doing good things for the hobby!

The real thanks goes to Jason for providing the engine.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  jmcalata Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello Bill, I am glad you are the first Tee dee .010 traveller engine player, very nice photos. Good luck Dickerson.

Warm Regards and best wishes for all cox engine lovers.
Jose

Last edited by jmcalata on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bill by Bil)
jmcalata
jmcalata
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://aeroguada.com

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Empty WSTE back on the move.

Post  GWILLIEFOX Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:06 pm

The little guy is on its way again. I've run 3 of these. My starting method differs a tad from Cox's. I do follow them up to the prime. I don't use an exhaust prime.

I set the prop horizontal when coming up on compression.
I choke to get fuel to the NVA, not into it.
I put one drop of fuel into the intake; use a medicine dropper or syringe; JUST ONE DROP.
Connect the battery.
Hook up the starter spring and wind back 1 turn; the fuel that was in the ventui will be drawn in.
Let the prop go.

This seems to give me a uniform prime. If you just choke, you don't really know how much fuel is being ingested. Exhaust primes are sloppy and also uncontrolled. The one drop into the venturi is easy to measure and works real well for me.

Also, use 25-35 % fresh fuel.

Be sure to strain fuel.

Don't leave the fuel line on the tank spigot when storing. Those spigots seem to be affected by the tubing and can start to disintegrate.
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks for that, Bll. I havent started my .010 in a few years.
Also I have fresh, unopened GlowPlugBoy 35%.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jmcalata Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks for the advices Bill ;-)

Tee dee .010 is very sensitive and easy to floaded

Is very important filter fuel and also clean engine with metanol to eliminate nitrometane to protect plastic and steel

I use max 20% nitro

Regards
I am now playing Tee dee´s .09 Small Cox Logo
jmcalata
jmcalata
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://aeroguada.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:39 pm

Updates? Huh...

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi Jacob, I have it and the .049. Hope
to send them both out early next week.
Sorry I've been sitting on them for so
long.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:53 am

Update : I have it and its gorgeous !! .. traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Ptdc0126
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Ptdc0124
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Ptdc0125
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:35 am

Whoo Hoo! cheers

Looks like it has picked up some souvenirs along the way.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 24, 2019 9:26 am

OK guys i am done , well done lol!  NAh it took a lot longer than i had planned but did get to fly this little beauty some , had some issues getting it to run , something had got into the spray bar , so i removed it to get run right . The Cox .010 TD was put on a scratch built Mitsubishi Zero for .010 and .020 engines But has never made it to the launch pad till Now !!!                                          Needless to say it flew Better than i did Laughing as you will see in the videos , they were took out back of my home in MY fly field ~ Playground !! I want to Thank Jason and Jacob for making this happen !! And O Yeah this is the first time i have ever started / flown a Cox .010 TD ((( To say the least it is like fling a Bumble Bee ))) Very little line tension although the plane flew great !  The Video was done by my son and i apologize for that ~ Me first and then he flew it trice (better than Me ) traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Ptdc0146
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Ptdc0147
 traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 5 Ptdc0148

Rusty is Next on the list and will be leaving NC to SC Monday, Thanks Guys i hope all has as much fun with it as WE did !! Small Cox Logo Old Bugger Small Cox Logo Airplane Beer Cheers sunny
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next