Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Cox_ba12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 12:55 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Empty
Live on Patrol

Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:12 pm

More pics

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 3ba38510
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Ed8e8610
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 96755310
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:15 pm

More pics

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 2f6a5a10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 74f7fd10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Ad692710
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:17 pm

More pics

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 1c02a310
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 78d51810
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 2772cb10
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:21 pm

More

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 A52c1510
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 47a58710
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 10cee710
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Rest In Peace, RknRusty

Pics from the traveling journal

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 07f0ff10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 69a23310
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Since the WSTE didn’t want to run well, it had to watch the action from the sidelines after I installed one of my engines instead.

https://youtu.be/T2efgC6Zn0c
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:33 pm

The current state of the WSTE. Overall she looks very good With the exception of low compression. I’m going to donate a part or two for the box and it looks like Jason is coming to the rescue with a new piston/cylinder set by mail. She’ll be screaming again soon!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 0c3a5410
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Empty The WSTE has flown in Texas!

Post  Tee Bee Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:19 am

Jason has generously offered a new piston/cylinder set for the engine!  It is currently enroute to me by USPS.  In the meantime, with the engine all disassembled, I took some time to inspect it.  The fuel passages were partially clogged, so I flushed them out with oil until they flowed freely.  The backplate mount that it came with was cracked, so I replaced it with one from my collection, suspecting that the crack may be allowing air to leak in instead of drawing fuel properly.  I put it all back together and finally got it running with the old top end back on it.  It ran fairly steady after some tweaking but only managed 22.3k RPMs on 25% fuel.  In comparison, the .010s from my collection that I’ve been flying lately static at 27-30.5k on the same fuel mix.  Anyway, I decided to bolt it back up and fly her this morning at dawn.  The WSTE made just enough power to allow my little Tee Stik to fly around in cruise mode and was actually much easier to film than when it runs full speed.  It ran through a full 10ml tank and offered a fun time and I actually remembered to turn on the GoPro!!!  Be on the lookout here for that footage once I get it edited and uploaded.  It was exciting to finally get a chance to fly this special engine regardless of it’s power output and I am grateful for the opportunity.  I still plan on a few more photo ops while I await Jason’s care package of parts.  Stay tuned!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 Af1aa410
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 C74dba10
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:35 am

Hi TB !, I'm glad you're enjoying that engine with its very history, which makes it really unique!
I would like to receive this engine and make a flight with it, even give it power on the foot that I made for my Cox .010, but as I already mentioned, a few years ago, I did not join the list since when I got to my country, it could remain in customs and not recover it, that would be a disaster, so I prefer to enjoy it through you and so that engine continues for many years visiting people from all over.
It only occurs to me to add, that it would be interesting that each part that is replaced, continues on the trip with the engine and that part or those parts replaced with a change date, this would give information and more history to the engine. It is only a humble suggestion.
Thanks  for the video that you are going to upload, I am waiting for you to enjoy it! Very good photos friend!
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 20200930
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Good suggestion, Mauricio! Noted. I hope to start editing some video footage tonight.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cescoturbo Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:38 pm

well, a reset restoring for little 010, it flyed a lot in these years... RC Plane
i hope to have a chance to fly it here in italy. Very Happy Very Happy
Cescoturbo
Cescoturbo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:55 pm

As promised, here is my WSTE video. I have had a great time with the engine and am thankful to be a part of this project!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5AJ_8c0jc&t=3s
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:12 am

This little engine really gave me a shot in the hobby arm. It came at a good time in my life and lifted the spirits a bit. I was very tired and sleepy, not wanting to get up and make the 20 minute drive to the flying field yesterday morning but I was so glad I did when the sun came up and the little engine finally ran good enough to fly. I ended up simply flying the Tee Stik and the Sharkface once each. Everything went well and I captured it all on camera. I was all alone at the field. Not wanting to push my luck, I packed up and was home before 9am. Though I had originally attempted to fly the engine with a captive audience present, it somehow seemed fitting that I was the only one there when it finally happened. It was a special experience.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:21 am

Small Cox Logo Hello Troy, what a good experience! You are already part of the history of that great Cox engine, who knows how far it will go over the years. Small Cox Logo
It is a very good experience to share with so many fans of these engines.
I'm glad everything went well.
Flying alone or accompanied has different situations, in many cases the different work schedules and occupations, makes in my case the flight days are different from the majority, however, the present times have made many of the partners of the club, fly different days with different schedules. It is also very enjoyed and there is a direct connection between the model aircraft and oneself. It's great. Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:36 am

Thanks Mauricio! You certainly understand.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:04 am

Tee Bee wrote:As promised, here is my WSTE video.  I have had a great time with the engine and am thankful to be a part of this project!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5AJ_8c0jc&t=3s

Nice video!
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks Matt!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:32 pm

This will be my last pic of the .010. This 2002 Z06 was my late dad’s car. It was his dream to own a Corvette someday and he finally bought this one used when he was 65. He’s been gone for 7 years but the car remains. I spent some time maintaining it and spiffing it up this week and decided to give the Traveling Engine another photo op before I boxed it up. The .010 will be off to Jason this coming week for a checkup.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 9 C1328710
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 pm

Great shot!
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:57 am

The engine is making a side trip back to Jason for an inspection and to document the journal entries to date. It’s in the hands of USPS again. Thanks for letting me play, fellas!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:50 pm

USPS tracking shows it has arrived at Jason's addy. I will rest better when it is confirmed.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:53 pm

Tee Bee wrote:USPS tracking shows it has arrived at Jason's addy.  I will rest better when it is confirmed.

It’s here. Working on other stuff so didn’t get a chance to open it up yet.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 pm

Great! Thanks.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cescoturbo Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:57 am

hi guys , checking list, i don't understand how read it... mr tee bee is around in the half, jason @bottom...i'd like to know when will be my time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cescoturbo
Cescoturbo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:12 am

Cescoturbo wrote:hi guys , checking list, i don't understand how read it... mr tee bee is around in the half, jason @bottom...i'd like to know when will be my time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It needed to come back to me for some maintenance. Nothing but a slight detour and will soon be on its way.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next