Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Cox_ba12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by rsv1cox Today at 7:04 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:43 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  Admin Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 am

pkrankow wrote:Go ahead and take me off the list.  I don't see time for this in my near future.  
Phil

I'll move you to the bottom, and we'll check in again when it gets there. I'm guessing it will be a while.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  Admin Wed May 02, 2018 1:01 am

Marleysky wrote:
Kim wrote:Any updates on this project?

She is still setting on my desktop, along with TEII. Waiting for a adventurous member to ask for them.  Happy Dad was going to take WSTE, but never sent me a mailing address.
pkrankow Is officially next in line, if Ohio’s spring has melted all their snow!

TEII the TD 049, going out for the 2nd time. I was the first to respond, Jason sent it to me, and nobody has expressed any interest, as far as I know.
At one point I was going to get the New Medallion .15 and do a photo op of all three together.

I will admit:
I AM A ENGINE HOARDER,  not intentionally keeping these Special Engines to myself, but if anyone wants the WSTE or TEII, let me know and co ordinate with Jason W or Jacob to update the list. As to where it is going and they’ll be on the way!  Popcorn

PS: Send me a PM with your Mailing Address of course.

If Kim is ready, send it to Kim. Or send them both to Kim, it's up to him. It's been awhile so I need to run down the list and see if everyone is still active and interested.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 02, 2018 4:18 am

Sent a pm to Marleysky. I'll go ahead and do my thing, and get it on to whoever is next. Forgot to say in the note that yes, I'll take both.

Thanks guys !

Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am

Admin wrote:
pkrankow wrote:Go ahead and take me off the list.  I don't see time for this in my near future.  
Phil

I'll move you to the bottom, and we'll check in again when it gets there. I'm guessing it will be a while.

Thank you.
Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Empty A Day with the World's Smallest Traveling Engine

Post  Kim Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 pm

So, if you had any doubts that a Cox Tee Dee .010 would take a 48" sailplane aloft, well, it can. The little sucker actually hauls the glider with a bit of authority!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 44_10

At first though, I didn't have an easy time with Jason's little engine.  My plan was to run it on a stand first, as I hate messing with engines when they're bolted to a plane.  Turns out that I couldn't get it to draw fuel at all, and finally summoned enough courage to take it's NVA/shower head apart.  After some forceful flushing, I was able to draw what looked like paint chips from the NVA, and put it back together.  The Tee Dee cranked up pretty easily afterward.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 24_11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got in multiple flights through the day, some with cameras and some without.  I was getting pretty fatigued late in the afternoon, though I did want to get some 'studio' photos of it running on a stand.

So, another great time with one of our Traveling Devices, and this one will be heading out shortly as I turn my attention to the larger Traveling Engine.  Gonna try to piece together a video at some point.

Thanks for letting me be part of this !!!

Kim

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 1_42

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 33_10

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 34_10
------------------------------------------
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 36_10

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 3710

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 35_11
---------------------------------------------

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 41_110

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 43_10
--------------------------------------
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 30_11

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 31_10

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 25_10

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 19_110

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 46_110

-----------------------------------

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 20_11

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 21_10

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 22_11

Last edited by Kim on Tue May 15, 2018 6:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Great job, Kim! Congrats. Those little .010s sure love to plug off, eh? Been there. I usually attach a syringe of oil with some fuel tubing to the venturi or NVA, cap it off with my finger as best I can, and force feed it. Sounds similar to your method?

Look forward to flying with ya soon!!!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 Empty Kim

Post  Mike1484 Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Great pictures Kim . I like the one with you staring at the plane in the sun , been there myself a few times .

Mike1484
Mike1484
Mike1484
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks Guys!

"Tee Bee:   I usually attach a syringe of oil with some fuel tubing to the venturi or NVA, cap it off with my finger as best I can, and force feed it. Sounds similar to your method?"

Yeah, I just used the fuel syringe like you said. Stuff came out when I drew back on it.  It IS a somewhat a typical ritual for me with these engines, though it's usually congealed goo causing the problem!

"Mike 1484:  Great pictures Kim . I like the one with you staring at the plane in the sun , been there myself a few times ."

Thanks Mike!  Nothing like blinding yourself while having fun !!!

Last edited by Kim on Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Awesome Kim! So glad you were able to get some air time with it. Sorry to hear it was rough to get going. Jason sent it to me to test and I did, had a hard time needling it so I swapped it for the spare set in the kit. I ran a couple tanks through it and it ran flawlessly. I wonder if the fuel broke something loose? Who knows. You apparently got it to work and work well! Good job!!!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Awesome Kim! So glad you were able to get some air time with it. Sorry to hear it was rough to get going. Jason sent it to me to test and I did, had a hard time needling it so I swapped it for the spare set in the kit. I ran a couple tanks through it and it ran flawlessly. I wonder if the fuel broke something loose? Who knows. You apparently got it to work and work well! Good job!!!

Ron

Thanks Ron!

Think so on the fuel/debris.  Hopefully it's all out of there...I'll flush it again, but the next member to receive it might want to run it on a stand before bolting it to a plane.

While the Fling flew fine with the W.S.T.E. peaked out, the engine DID get a little bit off it's setting a couple times, calling for 'cautionary aborts' into some handy tall weeds at the edge of the yard.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 49_10

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 18_10

I did have a somewhat burbling run early in the day (about 11am), but managed to hook into a booming backyard thermal that hauled the Fling to a scary height, with the W.S.T.E. just going along for the ride.  I've often likened sailplane pilots to greedy old men, counting their pennys in altitude, and it's always a tough call to punch out of one of these free rides from Mother Nature, verses worrying about losing sight of a plane that was pretty small to begin with.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 47_10

But we got back down OK, retreating to the house for a break, and even did a little work on the new 3M B.O.T. while I was fired up about sailplanes.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 am

Kim , Man i can see a smile on your face from here with all the fun your haven . I was wondering about the pic that was very high in the sky when you had said with all the gear you were only getting 20 or so ft. off the land , now i understand . Dummy me didn't think about the thermo's having not experienced it before . Very Nice flight pics !! Babe Bee .049 RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 am

getback wrote:Kim , Man i can see a smile on your face from here with all the fun your haven . I was wondering about the pic that was very high in the sky when you had said with all the gear you were only getting 20 or so ft. off the land , now i understand . Dummy me didn't think about the thermo's having not experienced it before . Very Nice flight pics !! Babe Bee .049 RC Plane

Yeah, I flew it with three different camera set-ups through the day...two using just a square of foam and magic tape (was able to get some high flights with these), and one attempt to put the camera on a boom or 'selfie stick'.  The selfie stick version was pushing it, but I DID get some low-level footage at the end of the day.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 35_12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 36_11

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 19_112

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 19_210
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue May 15, 2018 2:34 pm

WhooHoo, you got airtime!! I’m still working on the PoolBoy from your plans. That was my intention to fly the WSTE, but time got away from me..Crying or Very sad ..sure glad to see you got her running and in the air.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Marleysky wrote:WhooHoo, you got airtime!! I’m still working on the PoolBoy from your plans. That was my intention to fly the WSTE, but time got away from me..Crying or Very sad ..sure glad to see you got her running and in the air.

Thanks Man!! Well, if it's anything like it's sibling, the W.S.T.E. will probably make a loop back around to fly in your Poolboy!

Also, I've finished the engine's photo sessions, so if the next member in line would PM his address, I'll get it on it's way.

We had a great visit!

Sun Burned-My-Face-for-the-First-Time-this-Year Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Excellent pictures Kim. Sorry you had issues with the initial running of the engine on the test stand. Looks like after a bit of cleaning it roared to life.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 15, 2018 6:10 pm

I’d love to see a video flight of a pool boy.... Eyebrows
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I’d love to see a video flight of a pool boy.... Eyebrows

I’m sure Kim posted it here before...or...Cribbs, are you just being a DOM?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hF7cU_1HLZ0
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Uh no, not into pool boys or boys in general. Embarassed

I must have missed the video. Checking it out now!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 am

Jason_WI wrote:Excellent pictures Kim. Sorry you had issues with the initial running of the engine on the test stand. Looks like after a bit of cleaning it roared to life.

Thanks Jason!!

And PLEASE don't take my comments as whining about this great project !!!! I'm still stoked about being part of this whole deal, and any 'engine fiddling' is just added activity!!!!

Thanks for your efforts in making all this happen dude!!!

Stoked Kim

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 50_110
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Were the list again i can't find it!! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo lol!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm

getback wrote:Were the list again i can't find it!! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo lol!

Home page of CEF, left hand side, 1/3 of the way down, Traveling Engines, with pictures.
Or just Go here: https://www.coxengineforum.com/h37-traveling-engines

Oh, then click on the engine you wanna follow and the list will pop up.
Even though both engines show up as I have them. I did send 'em to Kim. He does have them. If you want them or one, send Kim a PM with your address.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 pm

I was getting ready to mail the W.S.T.E. to Bill (Gwilliefox) this Friday as his name seemed to be next.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 17, 2018 9:54 am

OK Thanks , send it on to Bill , Kim . Y'all take your time (a little ) i just wanted to see were i was at but don't want to get out of line Very Happy O yea.. This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Kim wrote:I was getting ready to mail the W.S.T.E. to Bill (Gwilliefox) this Friday as his name seemed to be next.

Make sure you make contact before you send it. We wouldn’t want it waiting on the porch while he is on vacation for a month.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu May 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:
Kim wrote:I was getting ready to mail the W.S.T.E. to Bill (Gwilliefox) this Friday as his name seemed to be next.

Make sure you make contact before you send it. We wouldn’t want it waiting on the porch while he is on vacation for a month.

Yep! Bill and I traded PM's yesterday and he knows it's coming. I'll get another PM with tracking # to Bill tomorrow after it's sent on it's way.

I HAD hoped to fly it over my Uncle Wayne's house today, but the winds were too much, so he kindly agreed to pose with it and the Fling!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 1_43

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 3 2_43

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next